Wednesday 26 January 2011

Reporting Service Permissions on Windows 7

I installed RS on a brand new installation on windows 7 x64 with SqlServer 2008 R2, The user I was logged on had full administrative privileges, UAC was turned on as normal.

As soon I tried to access the Reporting Services Site I got the following error: The permissions granted to user 'DOMAINNAME\USERNAME' are insufficient for performing this operation

 

After struggling against services permissions and many other more stuff I did the following

-          Go into user management and enable the built-in administrator account

-          Log on as built-in administrator

-          Open the Report Manager and setup proper roles for my user

-          Logon with my user account, now all works…

-          You can now go back to user management and disable the built-in administrator account

 

No comments: